Pages


May 10, 2011

Simple things!

My favorite foods are the simple things! Sticky short-grain brown cooked in broth, fatty slow, roasted meat, pungent cheeses, and really great bread... (If you say .. yeah...I eat bread.. sandwiches and toast... then you've never had great bread)

My banner is an example of one of my favorites lately. (I'm very fickle with my whims and favorites) Perfectly pouched egg over pan browned zucchini with fresh clove of crushed garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt and its 100 calories of love!
I love the color of yolk! Soo golden yellow and taste like butter! Especially my fresh brown eggs that come from the farmers market from the little old guy with the beard and overalls! Just who you expect to buy fresh eggs and radishes from!


 I'm very proud of my poached eggs! It took some practice and experimenting before I figured out the right temperature. Instructions say the water needs to bubble but not boil, put salt, put vinegar, use a plastic bag, pour it in with a measuring cup, etc... Crazy people trying to make things complicated. 

How to:
To poach an egg use a non-stick pan, heat water until bubbles get 2-4 mm across, wack you egg really good on something so its good and cracked, then get close to the water (without burning yourself) and slowly crack the egg straight into the water in the middle of the pan. Let the egg cook for a few minutes without the water boiling any harder. Use a slotted spoon to scoop it out! Little salt or some herbs, over brown rice or veggies, on toast or pasta. YUM YUM YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment